Sunday 20 May 2012

Romance, maroon five and me

Im not one of those slushy romantics,that childish -buy you fluffy bunny on valentines day type.I don't believe in prince charming, or finding my mr big ( sex in the city reference,I despise that show)

I'd call myself a 'realist romantic'.To give you a indication of what I mean here.I once said to my ex Matt I don't want a perfect relationship,I just want you. I then bought him something unique to him that I knew would be special.

So it was a surprise When I liked 'she will be loved' by maroon 5.its a typical pop song I wouldn't normally like but
I relate to it in two ways.it's how I used to feel about a friend of mine.he was in a realationship,she would treat him terribly,no matter how i tried to show him he was worth more hed go back,until she eventually dumped him.this song also is how I'd like someone to feel about me,I do feel like a girl with a broken smile at times.
Despite having loving long term relationships,I've never really felt properly appreciated,and if I'm honest beautiful.
Sure my ex's have said it a few times,although they mainly used cute sexy,pretty etc
people in general have said it more but it's come across as hollow,I think it's just a word people just throw out there its over used.So when someone says it without really knowing me,or there's no feeling behind it e.g: 'you look beautiful..now let's go' it doesn't register.
I spotted the difference when a close friend once said I was beautiful.I could tell she meant it,in the true sense of the word. I was so humbled.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.