Monday 22 October 2012

4th week in Ulsan

I think I'm getting better at my job,I'm not sure though.The kids seem to like me.I heard the director saying I was a popular teacher so that's got to be a good thing.

I've had some strange comments from the kids.One kid said I looked like a mouse?! And another who said my eyes were "sooo big" she came right up to my face to get a close look.

the new teacher is here.the building owner didn't give him any bedding,towels or Internet.its pretty harsh.
We went to lotte mart the next day.that was a experience theres everything you need.its your typical supermarket ,but there is no organisation.took us ages to find Lee some shaving foam,30 minuets I believe.

There's this Korea guy I've been hanging our with on Friday nights after work.
i thought it was cool I had a Korean friend.after all I'm in Korea right? We went out on Friday,met the two people I went on a scavenger hunt had a pretty good time.35000 won for all you can eat pizza and beer. get in.
The thing about the foreigner community here is that everyone knows everyonelse,I sorta feel like the new kid at school.its all very clicky.I hated it the first time round.Suppose ill just find actual adults here at some point.
You see all the same faces too.Its a very transient place so I imagine as time passes faces will change etc.

4am on the way home Korean guy starts trying to hold my hand.

I totally freak out.I only hold hands with guys I'm in a relationship with.to me it's a very intimate thing to do ESP in public.its weird that I could have sex with someone I'm dating but I only hold hands when I'm in love.

I told him I wasn't interested and got into my apartment as soon as possible.
I do feel disappointed all I'm looking for is a friend.

Seems a lot of Korean guys try it on or are just creepy.

my dog bonnie from home passed away on Sunday.i do feel pretty upset.She was a part of our family for 16 years.
She was a rescue pup.my dad was coming home from band practice,he saw her collarless, running up to strangers in the street looking lost malnourished.
He brought her home for a feed.after she had a good sleep,we advertised her as missing,put her in temp housing for stray dogs.made sure she was healthy and looked after.

After two weeks we got a call saying no one had claimed her,if we wanted we could have her. otherwise she would be passed on to the relevant authorities where they would try house her,put another search out for owners i in 2 weeks she would have to be put down :(

She came home.she was so playful,loving and full of wonder :).
My Bon Bon,as I called her,has been with us through good times and bad.

many lovely christmas day walks even though she was lazy she loved it when she eventually got going,her little legs carrying her fat body,lol I remember when we realised she was eating the cats food as well as her own.she went on weight watchers for dogs :)

she had a good life,I will never forget her.mum and dad are pretty upset too.they say flossy,our cat misses her.they were friends.flossy would rub herself on bonnie ( when cats do this they are saying hello,marking you with their scent saying your mine lol) purr and often sleep in the same bed.

I'm still experiencing culture shock.it comes in waves.Im getting better at handling it,just reminding myself its totally normal,it should get better.
Im worried next week will be PMDD time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.