Sunday 28 October 2012

Work stress/weekend

More crap happened this week, wed basically me and lee the new teacher were told the kids are complaining over our British accents.
She said they don't understand us and want American accents! Then she started saying she couldn't understand us when we were in her car driving to process lees ARC card.
She understood us perfectly when she hired us.
As I pointed out the younger kids seem to understand so why don't the older ones? She suggested we talk more slowly which if I talk anymore slowly the kids will think I'm retarded.
So I tested the theory. every class I had I talked so slow the kids looked at me like I was a alien.i also said if you cannot understand me please say so.they said we understand you fine.

She also said on Friday before we left, we were required to put a deposit of 3000 won each month I am not doing this it wasn't in the contract they cannot force me to do so.She said she couldn't pay me in cash and she wasnt going to help me open a korean bank account.not what she said on the first day.
She said my health insurance wasn't valid until my first pay.which is rubbish I have my arc card now I can go to the doctors tomorrow n have it discounted.

I had to work through my so called dinner as I had to mark the Korean teachers homework diaries and give online essays to my classes.two days running I didn't have time to eat.when are we meant to fit this extra work in? If she wants us to come in early I want over time.

I'm having a meeting with her tomorrow and I'm going to be honest about the whole thing.
- does she want us there? the kids are complaining I can't do anymore then I'm already doing.we weren't given any observation time,literally given a book n said teach.she admitted we were meant to have 2 days observing but because our visas were late through no fault of our own we didn't get it.
- I am not giving this money every month.she cannot force me
- my insurance is valid with a arc card.
- if the kids want an American teacher then ill look for another job,I am not teaching children who don't want to learn from me,what suggestions does she have to solve the problem,other then talking in a American accent.

Other then that I took a taxi and experienced my first racism from a Korean.
when koreans make these clicking sounds,it's a major sign of disrespect.I started clicking back.he didn't like it.dropped me off was very tense atmosphere. I didn't even say thank you in Korean and slammed the door.he tried to charge me extra by taking me the long way round.

On the weekend I got hammered.had a pretty cool time in purple haze Halloween party,then to a nurobong karaoke bar where me n some others from the bar sang.i sang to zeppelin the cure and a few others.bonded with this guy with a Afro from Russia haha

sat went out to a traditional Korean restaurant had these rice paper dumpling things.
Basically you get all theses veggies n meat.cook it in a big pot in the middle of the table,then you get your rice paper,dip it in warm water,then spoon the ingredients into the middle n fold.

It's then made into a soup through adding noodles with the juices,and then rice pudding.

Was pretty cool only cost me £6.im not a huge fan of Korean food but it was kinda tasty,healthy and a different experience.
After we went to cimas Halloween party but there was no one there.so we went to a pub called benches,it was closing so it was 30,000 won all you can drink.its a shame I liked their food and was a nice atmosphere.

Played darts too Boys vs girls we won :D 4-2 by some fluke I got a triple 20 and a bullseye.

I was pretty happy benches were getting rid of all their books.I now have some in my apartment yes! picked up spirituality for atheists,Oliver twist,othello,the structure of scientific revolutions,a fantasy book entitled beyond the valley of thrones I thought I could read it with the kids.

other stuff- that Korean guy has left me alone.the American guy matt is a total twat.
long story short I needed somewhere to crash he said yes, then when I was on my way to his house said no told me to stay in a hotel! I had to crash at a strangers house.

Then he said I got too attached! I don't think so! if anything I was reserved didn't want to get attached to someone who was leaving.I was quite happy with living in the moment. anyway
I received a grovelling apology via email as I blocked him on fb n kakao,saying he just got scared because he liked me n didn't know what to do about it.
I just told him to forget it n leave me alone.
I really do have bad judgement when it comes to guys.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.